- 3 zucchini; sliced in quarters
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast strips; cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers; diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup raw peanuts
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce ( you can use light if needed)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 whole chili peppers; optional
- In the instant pot, add in chicken with salt and pepper. Lock instant pot in place and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Let natural pressure release.
- Cut red peppers and zucchini. Turn instant pot on saute mode. Add red peppers and zucchini to the pot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until zucchini and red peppers are tender but still a tad crisp.
- Add in raw peanuts and stir well.
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, raw honey, hoisin sauce, garlic, and ginger in a large liquid measuring cup. Whisk well. Add in crush red pepper. Whisk well.
- Fold in sauce over chicken in the instant pot. Cook 1 to 2 minutes and set heat to keep warm.
- Add whole chili peppers for look if needed.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Instant Pot, Kung Pao