Instant Pot Kung Pao Beef with beef strips, zucchini, red peppers, and peanuts in a spicy sauce.
- 3lb beef stir fry meat (three packages)
- 3 zucchini; half moons
- 1/4 cup peanuts; unsalted raw
- 3 red bell peppers; diced
- 1/3 cup chives
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon wondra or cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add beef, 1/2 cup water, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Brown outsides of meat. Turn off saute mode. Place lid into locking mode and set level to close. Set instant pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stop counting quick release pressure. Drain liquid from pot.
- In a large bowl, place zucchini, red bell peppers, peanuts, and crushed red pepper. Toss well.
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add in mixture from the bowl. Set lid on top of instant pot to trap steam. Do not put into locking mode. Stir well every few minutes for up to 5 minutes just until vegetables are tender but not too soft.
- In a glass liquid measuring cup add in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, black pepper, and wondra (or cornstarch). Whisk well. Pour over beef and vegetables then saute for 2 to 4 minutes until sauce thickens. Turn off saute mode.
- Serve with steamed white rice or noodles.
Keywords: Chinese, Kung Pao, Beef