Some years ago, I wrote a post about Italian Chicken Roll Ups. They were a hit in our household. Recently, I had a person comment how they would enjoy those roll ups made into a instant pot recipe. Additionally, That got me thinking I could do these in about half the time or 1/3 of the time it takes in the oven. To be honest the question was would they stay together. Not only did they stay together they were perfect. I rolled these Instant Pot Italian Chicken Roll Ups with salami and sandwich pepperoni.
Secondly, they are topped with stewed tomatoes and peperoncini’s which makes for the tasty and slightly tangy sauce that coats the chicken. Additionally, I used some olive oil in this recipe so the chicken wouldn’t stick to the stainless steel insert that comes with the instant pot.
As a result if you have the non stick you don’t need the olive oil. Furthermore, I am actually thinking about buying the instant pot lid cover so I can store things like goulash or leftovers in it for the next day. Because I really love soups too and it’s this bad habit of leaving it in the pot with the pot on. Do you do that?
Above all these remind me just how much I love pepperoni. Hence, it’s this thing in our family that the fridge never seems to be without. Seems like it’s always on hand. Stewed tomatoes are also one of my most favorite ingredients because it reminds me of my grandmother’s goulash recipe. Honestly, I can eat them right out of the can!
Lastly, when we have these Instant Pot Italian Chicken Roll Ups I try to top my chicken with as many of the stewed tomatoes as possible. However, the rest of the family really loves the tangy peperoncini’s topped over their chicken. You can also top the chicken with a bit of mozzarella or parmesan cheese.Print
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast; sliced lengthwise into fourths
- 8 slices of salami
- 8 to 12 slices of pepperoni; depending on size
- 1/3 cup peperoncini juice
- ⅓ cup peperoncini’s
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to instant pot if you have the stainless insert.
- On a large cutting board slice chicken lengthwise into fours. Lay one piece of chicken down and layer with salami and pepperoni. If your using small slices of pepperoni add more than just one. Roll from top to end. Place in instant pot with fold end down. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Top chicken with peperoncini juice, peperoncini’s, and two cans of stewed tomatoes. Salt and pepper over top. Close instant pot and set to high pressure for 20 minutes. Release pressure once the timer stops.
- Serve with beans, rice, or salad. Top with stewed tomatoes and peperoncini’s when serving.
Top with mozzarella or parmesan if you would like.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!