Ham and potatoes made in the instant pot into a creamy soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 celery stocks; diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 15 baby carrots; diced
- 1/2 pound diced ham
- 5 to 7 red potatoes; peeled and diced (see notes for more details)
- 1 – 28 oz chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black cracked pepper
- 1/2 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add olive oil into the pot. Add in onions and garlic. Set to saute mode. Toss in carrots and celery. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Turn off saute mode. Add in potatoes and ham. Pour in chicken broth and water. Place lid on pot and set valve to sealed positions. Press manual or pressure cook button and set time to 8 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting release the pressure from the valve.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream. If you want the soup thick then add cornstarch to the heavy cream before adding it to the soup. Add in salt and pepper and stir well. Serve!
If you want a thick soup then use less water and just barely cover the ingredients. Use the heavy cream and if you need it thicker then add in cornstarch mixed with a little water. Turn on saute mode to thicken. Red potatoes range in size so adjust your amount of potatoes to the size of what is needed.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Potato, Soup, Ham