One of the most asked questions I’ve seen lately about the instant pot is how to make pork chops. Additionally, how to make them not takes boiled. These Instant Pot Gravy Pork Chops are tender with a ton of flavor from the gravy.
The gravy is easily made from broth and the juices that steam off during pressure cooking. Pork chops smothered in gravy is always delectable. What’s the difference in pressure cooking them. The pork chops will come out extremely tender. Hence, they will fall apart softly with the gravy.
Although this might shock you these pork chops can be done in just 30 minutes. This is searing, pressure cooking, and making the gravy to top them. Sometimes I wish I had an additional small instant pot for side dishes. Instead I cooked the potatoes in the instant pot before hand.
Furthermore, the potatoes were placed in the oven on a low temp of 180 to keep warm while the pork chops were cooked. My pork chops were made in the instant pot duo plus so you may need to adjust timing for smaller or larger instant pots or pressure cookers.
When the gravy is made the pork chops are set aside out of the pot after cooking. After the gravy is made the pork chops are placed back in to soak up some of that gravy flavor. If you find food bland in the instant pot then try more spice.
The potatoes took longer so that’s why I cooked then ahead of the pork chops. Just popped the potatoes on an hour before and let them pressure cook. This is a great meal for a Sunday dinner. Other foods that pair well would be asparagus or rice.
Both the rice and asparagus make easy side dishes to accompany this instant pot gravy pork chops. Don’t like mushrooms easily leave them out! This also packs well for meal prep as an easy microwavable lunch the next day.Print
Instant Pot Gravy Pork Chops are smothered in a mushroom paprika gravy sauce.
- 6 pork chops; thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms; sliced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place instant pot on saute mode. Add in olive oil. Sear pork chops on each side. Turn off saute mode. Add in beef broth.
- Place lid on instant pot and set to high pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release pressure when instant pot stops counting.
- Remove pork chops to a plate and set aside.
- Mix cornstarch and heavy whipping cream together. Pour into broth/juice from pork. Stir well.
- Add in garlic, mushrooms, paprika, salt, and onion powder. Set instant pot to saute mode. This will come to a boil. Once it does just cook until the gravy thickens. If your gravy is not becoming thick then add a little more cornstarch.
- Once the gravy is thick add the pork chops back to the instant pot to become smothered. Serve with potatoes, rice, or asparagus.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Gravy Pork Chops
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!