Savory beef in a paprika gravy sauce served with bread dumplings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 3 lbs stewed beef in ½ inch cubes
- 1/3 cup Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups beef broth; may need more
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Add olive oil to instant pot. Set to saute mode. Place in beef and onions and saute until beef is seared and onions have sweated the juices.
- Add in garlic, paprika, and salt. Stir well.
- Pour in beef broth just until the meat is covered or until the beef can barely be seen.
- Place lid on instant pot and set to high pressure for 30 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Mix together cornstarch and a a few tablespoons water just until the cornstarch is thinned and liquid. Pour into instant pot. Place instant pot on saute mode and bring to a boil. Stirring well until the sauce starts to thicken. Once it starts to thicken turn off saute mode and let sit a few minutes.
- Serve with dumplings.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Czech
Keywords: Instant Pot Czech Goulash