Whether it’s summer or cozy fall weather this fajita soup needs to be on your menu. Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Soup is an easy chicken dinner that’s made into a simple soup recipe. With bell peppers, onions, and spices it pairs great with some warmed tortillas.
Rice can be added to the soup to not have so much broth. We prefer it to be broth-y so we can dip fresh tortillas into the soup. Butter the tortillas and dip them in the broth. This in turn makes the soup more filling.
Instant pot chicken fajita soup is great for summer and winter soups. We use a variety of bell peppers in this soup. Red, green, even yellow bell peppers are perfectly fine to use in this instant pot soup. Additionally, using white or yellow onion is also perfectly fine.
What size Instant Pot:
The instant pot we use here is a instant pot duo plus 9 in 1. It’s a 6 quart pot but if you want to make this recipe in a 8 quart pot just follow the same directions. If you want to make this instant pot meatball recipe in a 3 quart pot then cut the recipe in half but not the cook time.
Making soups in the instant pot is so easy. No standing at the stove constantly stirring the pot. The instant pot allows you to pop all the soup items into the pot. Seal, set the time, and go on your way about your business. The keep warm function will also come on keep it warm for people to eat at different times.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken In The Instant Pot:
The short answer is Yes! Frozen chicken can be used in the instant pot. Usually when using frozen chicken in the instant pot add a little more time. In this recipe I use a frozen chicken breast. If your chicken is not frozen you do not need to adjust the cook time.
For this chicken soup we used a packet of fajita seasoning. If you cannot find fajita seasoning locally then use about 1 tablespoon each of cumin, paprika, chili powder, and garlic. Then 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. It should give the soup just as good of a flavor as if you used an seasoning packet.
Lastly, after cooking be sure to pull the chicken breast back out of the pot and shred it down. Place the chicken back into the pot and give it a good stir. If you’d like more instant soup recipes check out a few more listed below.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes:Print
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Soup is an easy chicken dinner that’s made into a simple soup recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion; sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper; sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper; sliced into strips
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 4 to 6 cups water – to fill line
- Turn pot on saute mode. Add in olive oil. Add in sliced onion and bell peppers. Saute about three minutes.
- Add chicken breast on top. Frozen can be added for the same cook time you do not need to add more time. Pour in chicken broth.
- Add in water to fill line. Add entire packet of fajita seasoning. Stir well.
- Turn off saute mode. Place lid on the instant pot. Turn valve to sealed position. Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 20 minutes. After the timer has counted down and beeps release the pressure.
- Serve with a side of tortillas, sour cream, and cheese of choice.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup