Great instant pot charro bean recipe perfect for potlucks and large gatherings. Serves 8 people for a main dish and 15 people for a side dish.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons D’Arbol Chili spice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 jalapeno’s; diced and de-seeded
- 1 serrano; diced and de-seeded
- 1 lb bag pinto beans; washed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 6 strips of bacon; diced
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro; chopped with stems
- water to fill
- In the instant pot, pour in washed pinto beans. Add in bacon, jalapeno, serrano, and onion. Top with beef broth. Fill water to max line.
- Stir in cilantro. Add in paprika, d’arbol chili spice, cayenne pepper, salt, and cumin. Give it a good stir.
- Place lid on the instant pot. Put valve in seal position. Set to high pressure for 1 hour 20 minutes. This cook time allows for all the beans to be tender and not soaked the night before. Additionally, it allows the liquid to become thicker from the beans and have good flavor. Once the instant pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Open pot and give it a good stir. Using a ladle press against some of the beans and stir. This will add to the texture of the beans and broth. Allowing for that nice brothy thick texture to the beans. Serve!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Instant Pot Charro Beans