- 2 large chicken breast
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 1 medium white onion; quartered
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large vine ripe tomatoes; quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger; minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno; deseeded and remove ribbing
- 2 limes; juiced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, add in lime juice, orange juice, thyme, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno, and apple cider vinegar. Blend well.
- Place chicken in the instant pot and top with quartered onions and tomatoes. Pour mixture over the top and toss well. Top with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Once it’s done counting wait 5 minutes and release pressure.
- Serve with fresh pineapple and Caribbean rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Caribbean
Keywords: Instant Pot, Caribbean Chicken