When it comes to island flavors I think they are right up there as one of my favorite flavors to play with in the kitchen. A few years ago, on this blog was a post for Caribbean Chicken. Additionally, with loving to cook in the instant pot I thought why not try to make a version of this in the instant pot. With plenty of flavors from the islands I bring you my Instant Pot Caribbean Chicken.
Hence, for this recipe I decided to use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs. Additionally, you can use them if you would like but it would be a longer cook time with bone in. As a result, it’s easier for us to use boneless skinless chicken breast to just shred down and eat with Caribbean rice.
The rice we used is by Zatarain’s and it’s their Caribbean rice. No, this is not a sponsored post we just really like their rices and use them with ease. Hence, this Caribbean rice has some flavor along with small chunks of what seems like dried fruit. It’s new and we loved it!
Secondly, I additionally pair this with fresh pineapple and sometimes mango or papaya. However, it’s always pineapple though. Just that I’m a huge fan of pineapple with all kinds of dishes. Do you have a fruit your like that with? Certainly, for me it would have to be pineapple or cantaloupe. Those are my go to fruits that I look for meals that pair well with them.
Do you have an instant pot and if so, what do you like to cook in it? We have so many recipes that we are slowly converting to make into instant pot meals for easy weeknight cooking. Hence, we eat out a lot and we are really getting tired of all the same food.
However, at home I feel like you can cook so many more styles of cooking then what you can access in our area. Like Czech food for instance. Hence, you can’t find a restaurant here with it. Which means cooking at home but at least it doesn’t have to take hours upon hours anymore!Print
- 2 large chicken breast
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 1 medium white onion; quartered
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large vine ripe tomatoes; quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger; minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno; deseeded and remove ribbing
- 2 limes; juiced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, add in lime juice, orange juice, thyme, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno, and apple cider vinegar. Blend well.
- Place chicken in the instant pot and top with quartered onions and tomatoes. Pour mixture over the top and toss well. Top with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Once it’s done counting wait 5 minutes and release pressure.
- Serve with fresh pineapple and Caribbean rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Caribbean
Keywords: Instant Pot, Caribbean Chicken