Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is made with savory stewed beef along with mushrooms, onions, and sour cream sauce.
- 1 lb beef for stew
- 1 package baby bella crimini mushrooms
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 12 oz package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 white onion; chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 32 oz beef broth
- In the instant pot, add olive oil and stewed beef. Set the instant pot to saute mode and sear the meat by cooking for two minutes.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, and diced onion. Saute for about 3 more minutes.
- Drop in the two sprigs of thyme and pour beef broth over the mixture. Add in salt and pepper.
- Place lid on the instant pot and set valve to seal. Set instant pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot is done counting quick release pressure. Add in egg noodles and make sure that they are cover with liquid.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to seal. Set instant pot to high pressure for 3 minutes. Once it’s done counting quick release pressure.
- Stir in 1 cup sour cream and one tablespoon cornstarch mixed with water.
- Stir until dissolve. Place on saute for mode for 2 minutes. The sauce will thicken fast. As soon as it does turn off the saute mode.
- Serve topped with pepper and parsley.
To make gluten free replace noodles with gluten free egg noodles.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 672
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 947.2mg
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 94g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Cholesterol: 151.4mg
Keywords: Instant Pot, Stroganoff, Beef