Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is made with savory stewed beef along with mushrooms, onions, and sour cream sauce. Pressure cooked to be a tasty dish for dinner which also saves well to the next day for lunch. Additionally, this dish cooks in just thirty minutes making it great for a week night meal. Therefore, I love this savory dish just the perfect comfort food.
At first it took a bit of time to make sure this turned out perfect in the instant pot. Beef stroganoff cooked in a pressure cooker surely isn’t the easiest thing. Hence when it comes to the noodles it’s pretty easy for them to come out over cooked or under cooked. Therefore, I worked with this dish several times in order to have the right method.
First, I added the beef to the instant pot and used the saute mode to sear the meat. Second, I chop all of the mushrooms and onions and place them in the pot to cook for just a few minutes with the meat. Additionally, I add the remain ingredients except the noodles, sour cream, and cornstarch. Lastly, I cook it for 20 minutes so the beef for the stroganoff is perfectly tender.
Once the pot is finished counting I release the pressure. Additionally, I add in the noodles and make sure that the noodles are covered well. Place the lid back on the instant pot and set to 3 minutes high pressure. After it is done counting I release the pressure. Lastly, I stir in the sour cream and cornstarch with water to help thicken.
Above all, I love how the sauce comes out nice and thick around the pasta. Hence, the first couple of times I made this dish the noodles were way over cooked. However, I continued to reduce the time till the noodles came out with the right texture. We didn’t want them too hard nor too soft.
The time it takes for the pot to come back to pressure and cook the egg noodles for 3 minutes is just perfect. However, remember that egg noodles cook fast compared to something like a spaghetti noodle. Spaghetti noodles definitely need more time. Additionally, if your cooking with thin spaghetti the time would also need adjusting. Moreover, we hope you enjoy this dish.Print
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is made with savory stewed beef along with mushrooms, onions, and sour cream sauce.
- 1 lb beef for stew
- 1 package baby bella crimini mushrooms
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 12 oz package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 white onion; chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 32 oz beef broth
- In the instant pot, add olive oil and stewed beef. Set the instant pot to saute mode and sear the meat by cooking for two minutes.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, and diced onion. Saute for about 3 more minutes.
- Drop in the two sprigs of thyme and pour beef broth over the mixture. Add in salt and pepper.
- Place lid on the instant pot and set valve to seal. Set instant pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot is done counting quick release pressure. Add in egg noodles and make sure that they are cover with liquid.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to seal. Set instant pot to high pressure for 3 minutes. Once it’s done counting quick release pressure.
- Stir in 1 cup sour cream and one tablespoon cornstarch mixed with water.
- Stir until dissolve. Place on saute for mode for 2 minutes. The sauce will thicken fast. As soon as it does turn off the saute mode.
- Serve topped with pepper and parsley.
To make gluten free replace noodles with gluten free egg noodles.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 672
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 947.2mg
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 94g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Cholesterol: 151.4mg
Keywords: Instant Pot, Stroganoff, Beef
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!