Soup with beef, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 – 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 bundle Italian parsley; chopped
- 1/2 small bundle (about 10 to 12 leaves) fresh basil; chopped
- 1 – 32oz beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups water (to hit max line in 6qt)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 oz rotini pasta (we used gluten free)
- grated parmesan for topping
- fresh parsley for topping
- In the instant pot add in onions, beef, and give a good stir. Add in stewed tomatoes, parsley, and basil. Fold in the herbs. Pour in beef broth and water. Add in pepper. Stir well. No salt is needed as the tomatoes should add enough saltiness.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 30 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure.
- Cook the pasta stove top as per directions on box. Drain and add to the soup.
- Serve in a bowl topped with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten free, Instant Pot, Beef, Parmesan, Pressure Cooking, Soup