Do you ever crave barbecue but don’t want to go through the antics of grilling or smoking food. Sometimes it great to have a simple meal but get your barbecue fix. Instant Pot Barbecue Meatballs are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or to serve up at a party or potluck.
Meatballs are so simple to make ahead. See these meatballs are premade then frozen for an hour. However, you can make these days ahead and cook them up when your ready.
Hence, that’s was makes these instant pot barbecue meatballs perfect to make for parties or potlucks. Additionally, other sauces can be used. From barbecue sauce to buffalo sauce the sky is the limit.
When it comes to the barbecue sauce of choice we either get some sauce fro, the local Baker’s Ribs or pick up Bulls eye. However, locally the Baker’s Ribs burned down sadly. Hence, that’s why we used the bulls eye in this recipe.
These meatballs are completely gluten free. We don’t use bread crumbs when making the meatballs. After all there is no need to. The bread crumbs will only make your meatballs expand on the pressure cooker.
Just some garlic and onion powder will do. Roll them up and freeze them. If you like other meats like chicken or turkey meatballs the same can be done. Pair the spices with the flavors that you would like to use. Make sure it will match the sauce you use! The instant pot duo plus 6 quart is what I used. Adjust times for other size pots.Print
Beef meatballs pressure cooked and tossed in a barbecue sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Place ground beef into a bowl and mix well with onion powder, salt, and garlic.
- Roll into balls and place into a bowl. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Pour beef broth into instant pot. Place in meatballs. Place lid on pot and set valve to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release pressure when instant pot is done counting.
- Remove meatballs to a bowl. Stir in barbecue sauce. Place meatball back in the pot and stir.
These meatballs go great with coleslaw, potato salad, and even mac and cheese. You may cheat this recipe by using frozen meatballs in a bag from the store.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Barbecue Meatballs
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!