Green beans with bacon and onion pressure cooked in the Instant Pot.
- 5 slices bacon; thick cut, diced
- 1 lb fresh green beans; ends trimmed
- 1 white onion; halved and sliced into rounds
- 1 cup broth; beef or vegetable is fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic; optional on how much to use
- Add bacon to pot and set on saute mode. Cook until bacon is cooked then add broth to deglaze pot and help to come to pressure.
- Add in onions, trimmed green beans, salt, garlic, and pepper. Place lid on pot. Set valve to seal position. Press pressure cook/manual/high pressure button and then set timer to 0 minutes for crisp green beans or 2 minutes for softer green beans.
- Once the pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure by turning the valve to the unsealed position. Serve!
0 Minutes for crisper green beans. 2 Minutes for tender green beans.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten Free, Dairy free, Egg Free, Green Beans, Bacon, Instant Pot. Side Dish