Lately, there is this huge Pinterest posting of oven chicken fajitas. I have to admit that I was interested to see this new fad growing ever so greatly. I think it just takes a simple grilled meal and converts it to a meal you can easily throw into a casserole dish and bake. It’s simple but takes plenty more time than grilling. However, I think the idea is great. For this Havarti Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese Sandwich I did just that. I made oven chicken fajitas and used the leftovers for this sandwich.
I used Arla Dofino Havarti cheese! OMG! Such a great complement to the fajita chicken that I baked. The lime and spices easily pair so deliciously. Havarti grilled cheese sandwiches are always my favorite for that #GooeyGoodness. The Arla Dofino brand of cheese includes a delicious range of family-friendly cheese types such as Havarti and Gouda. Arla Dofino cheeses are naturally good from farm to fridge. The cheese is free of added hormones, artificial flavors and preservatives, and crafted with quality, natural ingredients. Arla Dofino cheeses have been traditionally crafted in Wisconsin for more than 100 years.
Hmm I just love this cheese!
Gooey grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with havarti cheese and chicken fajitas.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into strips
- 3 red bell peppers; sliced into strips
- 1 white onion; cut into rounds
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ¼ tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 lime; cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices of bread
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package arla dofino havarti cheese
- 2 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 sheet of foil
- Preheat digital oven or conventional oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a casserole dish, place sliced, cut chicken, peppers, and onions.
- Top with all the seasoning including the squeezed lime juice over the top. Place lime halves at each end.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Using tongs flip the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Butter the bread backs and place in a skillet on low heat. Top with cheese and chicken fajita meat and vegetables. Grill on low for about 1 minute and then place sides together and flip. Grill for another minute then remove from pan.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!