I just LOVE Fall! It’s my most favorite time of year when the nights get chilly and everything is pumpkin orange. It’s that time of year when it cools down outside enough for me to bake a cake. This Harvest Apple Pecan Pie Cake is the perfect Fall dessert without a ton of chocolate.
And I kept having to chase my 18 year old son away from the Mott’s® apple juice. That tells you just how delicious these ingredients are and the Harvest Apple Pecan Pie Cake is. I picked up the ingredients at Walmart with a bottle of Snapple® Apple for myself! 1 M&M’s® Pecan Pie, 1 Mott’s® Apple Juice, 1 Snapple® Apple, & 1 Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme classic white to make this cake and have a drink to go with it. It’s harvest all around 🙂
Before I leave you to the recipe I also wanted to show you how I create icing roses for a simple and pretty look to any cake. This can be used in a single color or you can use two or three colors in a piping bag for multicolored roses. I’ve used this for a yellow and a blue cake for my daughter’s 14th birthday. Think Fall and you could do one even with Fall colors. I’d love to hear your favorite! What’s does Fall mean to you?
The recipe for this Harvest Apple Pecan Pie Cake is very simple. With the icing you simply place your star tip 2D by Wilton and slowly starting from the middle swirl the icing around as you see in the video. Pull up to end it. The icing should be soft enough to squeeze out but not so soft that it runs out. If you need to make your icing thicker just add more powdered sugar. You continue to do this all around the cake including the top. If you have any questions please feel free to ask in the comments below! I hope to see your pretty Fall creations!
Apple cake topped with rose icing and M&M’s® Pecan Pie.
- 1 bag M&M’s® Pecan Pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White
- 1 cup Mott’s® Apple Juice
- vegetable oil
- 3 sticks unsalted butter; room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Follow directions on the box for the Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White cake mix. Replace the water with Mott’s® apple juice for a light apple flavored cake. Let cake cool.
- Once your cake is cooled. Remove from pans and place on a cake stand.
- Add room temperature butter to the stand mixer. Put it on a 2 until butter is whipped. Slowly add in the powder sugar with 1 teaspoon of water per each cup of sugar. Add more water if too thick.
- Put icing into a piping bag and pipe the roses around your cake and on top.
- Sprinkle M&M’s® Pecan Pie on top of the cake for decoration.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American