Well we know who will be playing the Superbowl in a week and half. But do you know what your making for your Superbowl game day menu? These Guacamole Chicken Taco Pinwheels are perfect for game day serve them full size or bite size.
What I love about these pinwheels with avocado is that you can make them just before game time with little work. Prep the chicken on the grill or a grill lodge skillet like I did in advance. The remaining ingredients are so easy that the rolls come together in minutes.
Make the chicken pinwheels long like a chicken wrap. Or the chicken bread into fours to make smaller pinwheels with avocado and cheese that your guests will love. No need for dipping sauces as the instead already has the sour cream for a base.
Cutting The Pinwheels:
With basic ingredients it’s budget friendly too. We used the large Hass avocados that are currently on sale. When cutting the wrap into pinwheels for guests I like to use food picks to hold them in place. This also makes it easier for placing on dishes.
Most of the ingredients can be prepped ahead although I wouldn’t do the avocado. I keep that for last. If you plan to let every one make their own use on of the avocado seeds in the bowl along with lime to help with oxidation.
Grill the chicken in either the spices we suggest below which are like taco seasoning. Or add your own seasonings that you prefer. After grilling chop that chicken up into pieces and add it to the guacamole mixture.
If you have an instant pot some tender beef carnitas could also be wonderful in these pinwheels. However, these guacamole chicken taco pinwheels will be a hit with your guest or for an easy family dinner.
We serve these chicken pinwheels up with chips for dinner. We’ve also made them for party trays. Just fantastic simple dish that is healthy food to boot! I love seeing healthy food at parties or game day over the greasy alternatives!Print
Flat out wraps with guacamole chicken taco mixture inside to make a pinwheel.
- 1 large chicken breast; filet into two
- 2 roma tomatoes; diced
- 3 large hass avocados
- 1 cup red onion; diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro; chopped
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flat out wraps
- sour cream
- Grill chicken breast in cast iron skillet. Cook on medium heat topped with cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and lime.
- While the chicken breast is grilling. Cut avocado and place in a large bowl. Add in chopped onion and diced tomatoes. Squeeze one lime and stir. Add in cilantro and toss. Add salt and pepper. Add avocado seed to help oxidation.
- Cut up the grilled chicken. Line the wrap with sour cream then top with some cheese. Place chicken into the bowl and stir. Top guacamole mixture onto the wrap and roll tightly. Slice into sections.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Guacamole Chicken Taco Pinwheel