Three day weekend and three more days until school is out for Summer. At this point it’s all about grilling food for quick dinners! Here is an uber easy quick dinner. Tip: Leave the peppers a little bit crisp for more flavor.
Do you have a Memorial weekend project? I do! I hope to achieve it this weekend, or well maybe even next Thursday, is painting my kitchen wall with chalkboard paint. The wall sits behind the kitchen table. It should be perfect for displaying the weekly menu and chores. It can even be a cool background display in birthday party pictures. No more banners, just chalk up the wall with a creative “Happy Birthday” and let all the guests sign the wall. Yes, I am currently still a 5 year old inside but who doesn’t love some chalk!
Now, if I could just find a creative way to store my cookbooks. Any ideas? If you have an idea please comment below and leave me links if you have pictures. Here is my Grilled Southern Stuffed Peppers.
Grilled Southern Stuffed Peppers
Yield 12 Peppers
- 6 bell peppers; sliced in halves and remove seeds
- 1 large can refried beans
- 6 boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 can sweet corn; drained
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- Heat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken tenders until cooked.
- Slice bell peppers in halves and remove seeds and ribbing. In a large bowl, add in chopped grilled chicken, refried beans, drained sweet corn, two tablespoons of taco seasoning and salt. Stir mixture and fill bell peppers with mixture.
- Place bell peppers on the grill on a medium-low heat. Grill for about 8 minutes until semi-soft. Add pepper jack cheese to tops of the peppers and cook until cheese is melted. Remove from grill and serve.
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!