- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 pound zucchini (4 pieces), grated, sugared, and drained.
- 2½ cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of two 9 by 5-inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini in to a medium bowl. Toss with 2 tablespoons of sugar and transfer the mixture to a fine-mesh strainer set at least 2 inches over a bowl, press firmly, and allow to drain. In a large bowl; add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Whisk together the 2 ½ cups sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, and melted butter until combined. Set aside. Stir in the zucchini and the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Pour batter, which will be thick, into the loaf pans and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool in the pan for about 5 to 7 minutes and remove to cooling rack. Serve with honey butter.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American