Parmesan cream sauce over fettuccine noodles.
- 16 oz box fettuccine pasta (12 oz gluten free fettuccine)
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups parmesan cheese (shredded or grated; See post for cheese details)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- thyme for topping
- Boil pasta as directed on the box. Drain.
- In a deep skillet, add in unsalted butter and melt on medium heat. Pour in heavy cream. Bring to a low boil. It will start to thicken. Once it does then stir in the parmesan cheese one cup at a time.
- Stir well to make sure of no cheese clumps. Use the spatula or back of a spoon to break up any cheese clumps. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve over pasta topped with thyme.
The sauce will thicken more once it cools. If the sauce is not coating the back of your spoon or spatula then add a little more parmesan cheese. Stir well and check to see if it coats.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten Free, Fettuccine Alfredo, Parmesan, Cheese, Pasta Dinner