This New Year’s we decided not to do a resolution of dieting. We decided we would do a healthy living change. To eat more vegetables, fruits, and rice. It’s be so much fun so far experimenting with new ingredients. My family is weird about cooked vegetables. I love them cooked but the boys in my house prefer them raw. No cooking needed.
You would think I would be happy to hear that. To be truthful, I am not. I love to cook vegetables in all kinds of dishes. This is why I knew I had to come up with something tricky. I started to make pestos and top them over rice, pasta, spaztle, and so much more! It works. Believe it or not they actually like it that way. Vegetable gravies work too.
Honestly, I love gravies or dishes with a tad of wine in them. With Flight Song, I just love how it paired so well with this dish Garlic Butter Pancetta Farfalle with Flight Song and with the teaspoons of wine I added to the dish even better(recipe is listed without the wine)! The entire family was hovering around me to see what I was making. This was such a huge hit in our house and I know it can be in yours! It’s easy to add any vegetables you like to this dish too.
Brancott Estate was the first to plant and create the world’s first Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wine—a style that has since changed the course of our country’s wine industry. Going into the New Year, we set resolutions, but find them to be difficult to stick to. After one week, 75% of people have broken their resolutions. 20% lower in calories, but with all the quality and taste, Brancott Estate Flight Song wine is a secret to keeping a New Year’s Resolution and have more fun doing it.Print
Garlic Butter Pancetta Farfalle
- ½ lb thin sliced pancetta
- 1 – 8 oz package sliced small portabella mushrooms
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic; diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ib package mini farfalle pasta
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan
- In a saute pan, add in olive oil, pancetta, and mushrooms. Bring to a high heat and saute until mushrooms are soft. Add in garlic.
- Bring pasta water to a boil and cook as directed on package.
- Lower the heat to low on the saute pan and add in butter. Once the butter is melted add in basil. Top with black pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with butter sauce mixture. You may top with parmesan and serve.
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!