Easy funnel cake from pancake batter.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix together pancake mix, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and egg. Whisk well till there is no lumps.
- In a cast iron skillet add in vegetable oil. Set to a 6 gauge on dial or bring to 350 degrees F with a fry thermometer.
- Place dough mixture into a squeeze bottle.
- To test readiness of the oil. Place a small amount of dough. If it browns quickly the dough is ready.
- Squeeze dough into skillet move the bottle all around to get those fun squiggly signatures shapes of the funnel cake. Cook for 90 seconds. Dough should be lightly browned. Flip with spider or spatula. Cook another 90 seconds till lightly browned.
- Remove and top with powdered sugar.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Funnel Cake