Creamy Beef Cavatappi is a ground beef cheesy and creamy recipe that will be on your weeknight dinner table.
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 white onion; diced
- 10 basil leaves; fresh
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 1/3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon wondra
- In a saute pan, add in ground beef, garlic, and onion. Saute until ground beef is browned and onions are tender.
- Pour in beef broth and tomato sauce. Stir well. Set heat to low (4).
- Mix wondra into a 1/3 cup water and stir into the sauce.
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Stir in basil and thyme.
- Pour in the heavy cream while stirring.
- Add in parmesan and mozzarella cheese stirring well.
- Top with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Mix in strained cavatappi pasta to the sauce. Top with more pepper and serve.
You may replace the wondra with cornstarch if needed.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pasta, Beef