Life cereal coated with chocolate, peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar to make a sweet snack.
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 7 cups Quaker Life cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 mini candy canes; crushed
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 1 plastic ziplock bag or brown paper bag
- In a large bowl, measure off 7 cups of the cereal.
- In a small bowl, add in chocolate, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes, stirring at one minute until mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour mixture over cereal and fold the mixture in to cover the cereal without breaking. Be gentle.
- In a plastic ziplock bag or brown paper bag place cereal and powdered sugar. Give is a good few shakes until all the cereal is covered. If you need more sugar add some.
- Toss in crushed candy canes and give it a good shake again. Place on parchment paper to dry.
You may package these in decorated plastic bags for handing out at holiday parties or gifts for friends.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American