This Citrus Herb Roasted Turkey is rubbed with rosemary, thyme, and oregano along with oranges juices.
- 13 lb Turkey
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 oranges
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Remove giblets, neck, and etcetera from the turkey.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place turkey into the roasting pan. Cut one orange into quarters and place inside the cavity of the turkey. Place two sprigs of rosemary along side the oranges in the cavity.
- Cover turkey and bake for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, add juice from one orange. Remove herbs from sprigs and place in bowl. Add 1/2 stick of butter and microwave for 1 minute. Melt butter by stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to bowl. Stir well.
- Using a brush, brush turkey with mixture. Replace cover and cook for another hour.
- At this point your turkey should start to brown. You may take the temperature and make sure it matches the cooking temperatures on turkey company website or roaster pop has popped.
- Leave of lid and cook until nicely browned.
- Category: Meat
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Cups
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 687mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 94.8g
- Cholesterol: 289.4mg
Keywords: Citrus, Roasted, Turkey