Summer days by the pool with good food and beer is the one thing I like about Summer. Though I am more of a fan of Fall. Sunday we had a wonderful evening over at V’s parents house. They went for a swim while his mother and I put together and grilled these kebabs. Don’t you just love the colors of these Cilantro Lime Chicken Kebabs?
Just love how the purple, orange and red peppers pop color right off the kebabs. These metal skewers rock too! I have some and so does my soon to be mother in law. Guess great minds think alike. Do you use the metal or wood skewers when making kebabs(kabobs) depending on what you call them? We had fun watching the fire come up and tickle these as we added the sauce to them while grilling. I swear my mother in law has no fear! She is a outdoors person and I think it is so cool. Other hand I like my five star hotels 🙂
It’s a busy season for us with my daughter in color guard and son working long days we get so tied up in every day life that it’s nice to just calm down for a day of family and relaxation. Hard to believe my son will be 17 tomorrow. Where does the time go? My oldest is in Vegas at the moment. Furthest he has ever been from me. It is definitely an experience. I miss him like crazy!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Kebabs
Yield 4 Servings
Chicken, bell peppers, and red onion decorate metal skewers and grilled with a cilantro lime sauce for flavor.
- 1 - 1½ lb package chicken tenders
- 1 red bell pepper; cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 4 limes; juiced
- 1 orange bell pepper; cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 1 red onion; quartered into ½ inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- ½ bundle of cilantro; chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Soak chicken in half of the lime juice about two hours before if you have time.
- Preheat grill to about 300 degrees F. Alternate chicken, peppers, and onions on skewers. In a small bowl add olive oil, other half of lime juice, cilantro, slat and pepper. Stir well.
- Oil grill and place skewers on hot grill. Using a brush, brush on marinade. Rotate and brush on more marinade. Let cook for 5 minutes and continue to brush on marinade. After 15 to 20 minutes or less the chicken should be cooked with a bit of charred look to it.
- Pull skewers off grill and serve with potatoes or your choice of side.
If you want stronger lime flavor marinade chicken in lime juice longer before grilling.