There is definitely time in our house that we are on the run or busy creating new content for the blog for all of you. That being said, we thought you might be interested in one of our simple go to meals. Back when the kids were little and I was a mom on the run I created this recipe out of desperation to have something affordable and easy for lunch or any random dinner. These Chili Garlic Noodles are now one of the lunches we make on the go or easy simple dinners for nights we are just flat busy.
With just four main ingredients this is the perfect meal to be affordable. The ingredients can be used time and time again so it can easily be a staple meal. Fantastic for the college student just needing something easy and cheap. Say you don’t want to spend for take out. This can easily replace the cost and craving for Chinese take out.
My son, Chance, buys ramen in the loads but ends up never eating it. I think he just waits for me to get bored and create new things out of it. Having a ton of different Asian and Thai sauces helps to throw something together when it comes to ramen. We also love traditional ramen which we go to a place locally for. Sometime I should make the real thing at home.Print
- 3 packages ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (Asian aisle)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 stalks spring onions; chopped
- Cook noodles for 3 minutes as directed on package. Drain and add to saute or stir fry (wok) pan.Add in olive oil and soy sauce. Bring to medium low heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in chili garlic sauce. Toss with with tongs.
- Remove from heat. Top with spring onions. Toss well and serving.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Chili, Garlic, Noodles, Ramen
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!