Savory chicken thighs in a vegetable cream stroganoff sauce.
- 1 lb chicken thighs; diced
- 3 carrots; sliced into rounds
- 3 celery stalks; diced
- 6 mushrooms; sliced
- ½ yellow onion; diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (optional for thickening)
- 16 oz egg noodle pasta
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 3 garlic cloves; chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a stir fry pan, add in olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, and onions. Cook on low for about 2 minutes.
- Add in carrots and celery. Cook on medium for about 3 minutes. Add chicken.
- Add in chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked.
- Put water on for pasta and cook as directed on package.
- Add in heavy cream, salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook on low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes until thickened or add cornstarch to thicken. Using the spatula to make sure there is no lumps after adding in the cornstarch. Cook on low for about 2 minutes until thickened.
- Drain pasta and serve chicken stroganoff over the noodles.
The heavy cream and cornstarch can be replaced by sour cream but realize this is more sour than traditional stroganoff. For more sour taste using heavy cream use lemon juice lightly to add more sour taste.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken, Stroganoff