Carrot Cake Cupcakes for Easter.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 medium/large carrots; grated
- 2 packages cream cheese
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 24 count muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Add dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in carrots.
- Divide batter evenly among 24 muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a stand mixer add cream cheese and 1 tablespoon water. Place on low speed until cream cheese is smooth. Slowly add in 1/2 cup of powdered sugar at a time with paddle attachment. Once the sugar is all added speed up mixer to medium. Once the cream cheese icing is thick and stands on it’s own its ready.
- If it doesn’t stand on it’s own add more sugar.
- Place into a piping bag with star tip. Ice cupcakes. Keep refrigerated after icing.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easter Carrot Cake Cupcakes