When summer feel like it’s coming to a close. That your counting the weeks until school starts. I like to look for simple dinners that I can have on hand that cook in 20 to 30 minutes or less. This Cajun Shrimp Foil Pack is just one of those meals we like to pop in the digital oven not to heat up the house. That or we through it on the grill so we can swim then eat.
You have to get in every single last swim you can be for all the hustle and bustle. I think that’s what we all love so much about summer. I remember as a kid back to school was so great. Now, that I am a parent not so much. Although, I am sure this year will be different. It’s the last of everything. My daughter, the baby, will be a senior when school returns in just a few weeks.
She will embark on that journey through senior pictures, may last moments of high school, and many firsts too. Though I don’t think she sees it as that. It scary, sad, joyful, and all a mess. I sit and wonder where did the time go. So, I have to say simple meals really let me have five more minutes with her then it’s worth it. We have to make a non fish version for her.
Just follow the directions as you would bake the same as the grill. The extra instructions are in the recipe. If you don’t like cajun seasoning you can add old bay and some paprika. The dish will still come out nicely made. I love spice so cajun is a must for me. My husband loves it too! I add butter after to the corn.
Cajun Shrimp Foil Pack
Yield 1 foil pack
- 1 corn on the cob; break in half
- 2 to 3 red potatoes; diced
- 10 pre cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning (more for more spice if wanted)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Make bottom of foil pack with two sheet of foil making it into a square bowl. Add in diced potatoes and halved corn on the cob. Top with seasoning, cover with foil, and bake for 25 minutes or until potatoes and corn are tender.
- Remove top and add cooked shrimp. Top with seasoning and broil on high for 2 minutes until shrimp is warmed and looks grilled.
- To put on grill: Do the same and cook longer at 350 F.
- To used uncooked shrimp. Cook them half the time the vegetables are cooking in order for them to be done.
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!