Boiled bread to make boiled bread dumplings.
- 1 1/2 cup wondra flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add in wondra, egg, and baking powder. Mix with dough hook.
- Add a half the milk and mix for a 2 minutes. Add the remainder of the milk and mix another 3 minutes until mixture resembles dough.
- Place a pot of water on to boil.
- Make the dough into two and make little loaves out of it.
- Place in water and use wooden spoon to make sure they float.
- Cook on each side for 10 minutes. Roll the dough over after 10 minutes.
- Remove to cutting board and slice with baker’s twine or bread knife.
You may also add stale bread in 1/2 inch pieces if you would like. This is the simplest way without using stale bread. If you do add it only add 2 1/2 inch slice cut up into squares.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Czech
Keywords: Bread Dumplings