Tasty potatoes, carrots, peas and spices make up this Czech potato salad.
- 5 large potatoes (regular brown russet potatoes)
- 1 white onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 5 baby pickles
- 2 oz frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons or more of mayonnaise (that’s up to your preference)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 pieces whole black pepper
- 3 pieces whole allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Boil potatoes with the skin on. Boil eggs for about 10 minutes. When eggs are done add them too cool water and let sit 5 to 10 minutes. This will help make the peeling easier.
- Cook carrots and celery in salted water with whole black pepper; about five pieces. Also add 3 pieces of allspice whole, two bay leaves, and ½ teaspoon of thyme. Boil vegetables until done but still firm.
- Let the potatoes, eggs, and vegetables completely cool down. Peel potatoes and eggs. Dice in to small pieces the eggs, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Finely chop onion and pickles.
- Gently mix all ingredients including the peas together gradually adding in the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Fold in mayonnaise. Refrigerate for a few hours but tastes best if made the night before.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Czech