Pumpkin Pie Bars are made with fresh pumpkin with a sweet streusel topping.
FOR PUMPKIN PIE CENTER
- 2⅓ cups fresh pumpkin puree (or canned)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR CRUST & BOTTOM
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- ½ cup powdered confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium size bowl, add in ¾ cup flour. ¾ cup brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter. Sift with a fork until it is mixed well and resembles a streusel topping crumble.
- In a glass baking dish, place 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and rub around with a paper towel. Press in mixture to a flat surface. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- In a large bowl, add in pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and salt. Whisk well. Add in four eggs and mix well. Stirring slowly add in the brown sugar. Stirring slowly add in the white sugar. Be sure to have no lumps. Pour mixture on top of the cooked crust. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Meanwhile, repeat the crust process above. After the 15 minutes sprinkle the mixture over the pumpkin layer. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 F.
- In a small bowl add in water and powdered sugar. Whisk well until the mixture is a cream thick icing. Use more sugar if the mixture is too runny.
- Pull pumpkin pie bars from the oven and let cool for one hour on counter until completely cool. Place in refrigerator for one hour. Once cold pull from refrigerator and top with icing by drizzling it over with a spoon.
Serve with vanilla ice cream for a perfect fall treat.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American