Everyone needs an easy weeknight dinner that you can pop into the oven and ignore while you work on everything else. Tuscan chicken is a simple oven dish. You may use fresh herbs to top it when cooking or if you get heartburn from them like I do, then no herbs is just fine too!
I prefer just fresh basil in mine. Some people like thyme, bay leaf, or rosemary. The taste of roasted tomatoes and the buttery flavor of the fingerling potatoes make a merry match.
- 2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag of fingerling potatoes; washed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, place chicken and two cans of fire roasted tomatoes. Add salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Cover with foil and place in oven. Cook for about an hour and a half until chicken is done.
- In a additional small baker, add washed potatoes and top with butter. Make sure to place some butter under potatoes to keep from sticking. Add salt and pepper and cover with foil. Place in oven next to chicken or on another rack. Cook until potatoes are done. Usually done the same time as the chicken.