Do you ever think soups are just for winter time? I know so many that say it’s too hot for soup. You know though I just love summer soups! I like to cuddle up, put on a TV series marathon, and make a 30 minute summer soup. Soup is my comfort food. It’s like good fuel for my body. Oh and don’t miss out on the Swanson Summer Giveaway below!
Especially when I have plenty of work and then all the on the go with the family it really helps to refuel my body from all the running. It’s my way of just breaking down and saying it’s me time. At least my family really loves summer soups too. My husband is all about soups! This Summer Tuscan Soup does the trick with all the yummy vegetables and Swanson chicken broth.
Sam’s Club has a new Swanson chicken broth 6 pack. This makes stocking up to make simple summer soups so easy! I love being able to put together like a 30 minute summer soup and salad for dinner. Not much cooking along with the easy of a few ingredients into a pot. Do you have a summer soup you dig?
I’d love to hear about how you use Swanson chicken broth in your summer recipes? If you have a recipe and have a link to it please do post it in the comments below! Summer Tuscan Soup is my favorite recipe to use Swanson in and I love the tomatoes and all the vegetables in this summer soup. I also just use rotisserie chicken which totally cuts down on the time to make this soup. So without further ado here is the recipe!
ITEMS TO MAKE SUMMER TUSCAN SOUP
- 2 carrots; diced
- 3 celery; diced
- 1 zucchini; diced
- 3 cloves of garlic; chopped
- 1 yellow onion; diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 container 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup of small shell pasta
- In a large pot or deep saute pan, add in diced carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, and garlic. Top with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken and chicken broth. Stir well and lower heat.
- Add in stewed tomatoes and stir well. Add in salt and pepper.
- Boil about ½ cup of pasta shells as directed on box. Drain.
- Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes on the lowest heat. Stir in pasta.
- Serve with croutons as a topping.