Today I would like to share a recipe with you that Vojta’s loves. He just dances around me in the kitchen when I say I am making this. For Father’s Day I will usually put these Spicy Beef Brisket Carnitas on the night before. It’s beefy and tender. He really enjoys all the levels of flavors. Sometimes I like to make it with more heat just to surprise him. Always when I ask what do you want me to make it is this dish or pulled pork sandwiches.
It is super simple to make so it gives me more time to spend focusing on him for his special day. Just simply put all the ingredients into a crockpot and cook overnight. It has to cook overnight. No other way around it. That is what make the flavors merry so well in this dish and allows the meat to be wonderfully tender.
Even as a photographed this he held my white boards and drooled. He then devoured my subject food and is now currently snoring beside me. Spicy beef brisket carnita’s is the perfect dish to make for Father’s Day so you can spend time doing whatever he like. My other half loves to watch NASCAR, play PS3, devour these carnitas and then snore so loud it could wake the dead. We just enjoy that he is happy. After all it is his day.
He has raised our daughter since she was three. He real father passed before she was born. I think that really says something that someone she acts just like him. You don’t have to be blood related to pick up mannerisms. It’s hilarious. In fact, they love Duck Dynasty. Today she had her matching shirt on that he and her have. It’s a Si shirt. They can sit in the living room and laugh at that show but seriously I could see them doing of that stuff which is kind of scary!
ITEMS TO MAKE SPICY BEEF BRISKET CARNITAS
- 1 - 3lb beef brisket
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 limes; halved
- 1 bundled of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 - 32oz container of beef broth
- 1 large yellow onion; sliced into rounds
- 1 large red onion; sliced into rounds and then halved
- 1 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 packages of tortillas
- 1 package of cheese your choice
- In a crock pot, add in beef brisket, beef broth, and halved limes. Put have the bundle of cilantro in; don't chop. Add in sliced yellow onion. Add in chipotle peppers, garlic, cumin and paprika. Turn pot on high. Once it comes to a low boil turn to low and cook overnight until brisket falls apart.
- Once brisket comes apart pull apart and let cook in juices. Serve on tortillas with fresh lime, cilantro, red onion and your choice of cheese.
Other great Father’s Day recipes from #Foodelicious!
Simply Caribbean – Plantains and Caribbean Chicken Satay
Lydia’s Flexatarian Kitchen – Low Country Pickled Shrimp
Joy Makin’ Mamas – Ginger Beef
The Redhead Baker – Chipotle Honey Lime Pulled Pork Tacos
Mooshu Jenne – Spicy Beef Brisket Carnitas
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links by Amazon. If you purchase a product from one of our links, we could receive a commission from the seller. Rest assured, we only recommend products we believe in, and all opinions are 100% truthful.