My family and I love to have movie nights! I mean who doesn’t? It’s a time where we can enjoy a tons of delicious recipes. What makes these recipes even more fun is when you take a moment to make something either mentioned in the movie or create it after one of the characters. The star attraction here is the Roasted Onion Garlic Dip with Minions Vegetable Tray.
The tray is the shape of the minions our favorite little yellow guys.
Plenty of enjoyment when your family is helping to arrange the vegetables into the character. I know they say not to play with your food but how can you not? Its just way too much fun!
I love the chance to be creative with my family. Then we get to enjoy our creations all nestled up together watching Minions!
The DVD/Blu Ray dropped on December 8th Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. It makes a great gift for a family Minions movie night!
Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie is the inspiration for my Minions Vegetable Tray. Can’t you just see those cuddly characters fighting over it like they do bananas?
Here is a wonderful dip to pair with those yellow peppers and olives. You can always add other vegetables on another tray. This roasted onion garlic dip is so flavorful and just so healthy compared to other snacks. I like to have fresh vegetables rather than chips or popcorn sometimes. I hope you enjoy this dip and tray just as much as we do!
- 1 - 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the top and bottom off the onion and remove skin. Place in foil and pour one tablespoon olive oil over it. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Cut the top off the garlic. Place in foil and pour one tablespoon olive oil over it. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Place both the onion and garlic in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place sour cream in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Remove onion and garlic from oven and let cool. Squeeze the garlic cloves out into the bowl. Mix well. Chop half of the onion and add to the bowl. Mix well and serve.