Coffee is the one thing everyone in my house loves. While I don’t drink it, I love it in breads and cake! It’s great because I can always have fun baking iced cranberry coffee bread with my teenagers and share it with the household over tea and coffee. Not to mention my oldest son’s two friends that are always over here.
This time of year comes so much planning that it is nice to have a little time to bake with my teenagers. I enjoy talking about everything that is going on. We get to enjoy coffee and treats while connecting about everything in life. It makes those moments when everything is just moving to fast during the holidays so much more precious. My son with his band, my daughter with her play, and my oldest with ideas on a career. It’s these times over a pumpkin spiced latte and iced cranberry coffee bread that we can slow the process and make memories.
Check out this digital magazine to get great ideas for the holiday with Nestle & Coffeemate featured in it! I also have a recipe below for a pumpkin spiced latte made with Powdered Pumpkin Spice Coffeemate creamer and Nescafe Taster’s Choice instant coffee. Super simple to put together in a quickness for a afternoon coffee with friends or some time with the family.
Every Fall we break out the decor and have fun decorating together. Though, Thanksgiving is the funniest for me as we sit down together and go over what we would like on the menu. It’s always exciting to see what they would like to try again or change up for this year.
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter; softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Nescafe Taster's Choice
- 1- 1½ cups hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce or fresh cranberry sauce equal to the same
- Olive oil
- 2 cups powdered confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Nescafe Taster's Choice
- 2-3 spoonfuls of Powdered Pumpkin Spice Coffeemate creamer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar in a the bowl of your stand mixer until smooth. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla, coffee, & cranberries.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, clove, and allspice. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients ½ cup at a time, until it’s all combined.
- Oil 2 - 9"x 5" glass loaf dish. Divide batter evenly among pans and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when tested from the center. Let cool on wire rack before removing from dish.
- In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk well until it becomes a thick liquid glaze. If you need more water add a drop at a time. Remove bread from glass loaf dish and top with glaze. Let dry before serving.
- Make coffee as directed on the back of the container. Add in powdered pumpkin spice creamer. Serve with bread.
My lovely daughter enjoying a pumpkin spiced latte and iced cranberry coffee bread.