The wait is over! Now I get to show you my twist on the American classic recipe we all love. Portabella and Bacon Green Bean Casserole. It’s topped with portabella mushrooms, bacon and Italian cheese. Adding salt and savory to this dish. It’s a new way to change up this classic dish at holiday’s.
During the holiday’s I always hit up Walmart for some grocery shopping. I picked up the Del Monte® Green Beans, Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup, and French’s® Crispy Fried Onions. They were found in the soup aisle at Walmart.
Enjoy a rich and tasty bowl of warm soup in minutes with Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. It is enriched with nutrients and loaded with great taste. When you want a quick and easy meal, simply mix this canned cream of mushroom soup with one can of water or milk and microwave for one minute. Campbell’s condensed soup can also be used as a delicious ingredient in many Holiday recipe favorites, like this Green Bean Casserole. Cook this soup with rice, noodles, or just add it to your favorite casserole for a meal full of flavor.
It’s a time saver – there’s not a lot of prep work needed for busy holiday chefs. I love how it cuts down the time in the kitchen so I can have more time watching the parade with family on Thanksgiving. That’s our tradition every year is to watch the parade. Do you have any holiday traditions? I would love to hear about them below!
For more twists on the Green Bean Casserole check them out at www.ThisIsMyTwist.com or follow along with the hash tag #ThisIsMyTwist.
Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas given people like you and me to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!
ITEMS TO MAKE PORTABELLA BACON GREEN BEANS
- 1 large can Del Monte® Green Beans french style
- 1 can of Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ French’s® French Fried Onions
- 4 strips of bacon; crumbled
- ⅓ cup of mushrooms; sauted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup of Italian cheese
- In a large bowl, add in drained green beans. Mix in the can of mushroom soup. Place into two baker dishes.
- Add olive oil to a saute pan and bring to medium heat. Saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms from heat and add them to the top of the baker dishes.
- Fry bacon and remove from heat. Crumble bacon over the top of the mushrooms. Top with fried onions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes or until onions are browned.
- Remove from oven and top with Italian cheese. Serve.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links by Amazon. If you purchase a product from one of our links, we could receive a commission from the seller. Rest assured, we only recommend products we believe in, and all opinions are 100% truthful.