I just love making stir frys. I think you just make about anything you want out of them. When I was sent some Yakisoba Teriyaki noodles I was excited to get started on a new recipe. This recipe is going into their Fortune Asian Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge. This Mojo Chicken Stir Fry is full of citrus flavors. The cabbage gives the texture and the spring onions with the cilantro give it zing.
With this recipe I was inspired by mojo pork which is a cuban style of pork usually used on sandwiches. I just knew the citrus flavors would really compliment the noodles. Most of the time I like food in the basic of way or the way that it is traditionally cooked. However, Yakisoba noodles are very versatile and you can purchase these products at Albertson, Lucky’s, Von’s, Pavilions, WinCo, or Target.
You can do Asian or you can do fusion foods. Fusion food is taking two different cultural cuisines and in the right ways mixing them together. So, I took my favorite style of noodles then my favorite style of pork (other than bacon) and married the two together.
I hope you take a moment to have some summer stir fry from this recipe. Do you have a go to noodle? I think for me it’s stir fry or udon. I like soups a lot including Pho. Which reminds me I need to post a recipe for that here. Maybe a duck pho. If you have suggestions I would love to hear about them in the comments. In the meantime I hope you enjoy my citrus fun recipe of Mojo Chicken Stir Fry.
ITEMS TO MAKE MOJO CHICKEN STIR FRY
- 1 orange; juiced
- 1 lime; juiced
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 spring onion; diced
- 1 lime; sliced for garnish
- ½ cup cabbage
- 1 package of Yakisoba Teriyaki noodles
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a saute pan, add in chicken thighs and olive oil with the lime and fresh squeezed orange juices. Cook chicken until there is no pink. Shred apart the chicken.
- Add in noodles, the onion part of the spring onion reserving the chives for garnish. Top with salt and pepper and stir fry for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add in orange juice. Remove from heat.
- Mix with cabbage, fresh cilantro, chives, and top with a slice of lime.