This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser Zours. #CollectiveBias All opinions are mine alone.
Movie nights definitely are a part of our summer vacation. Even full seasons on seasons of TV show watching. That’s where the snacks come in. You must have some delectable snacks for hours of laying around while enjoying the escape from the real world. Do you have a TV series or movie your into right now?
A few days ago my daughter, her friend and I took a trip to visit a great demo at Walmart with Zours® and kettle corn. Right then we went and grabbed up two boxes for movie night. Those boxes were devoured before we even arrive at home. A couple of days later I picked up another box to secretly make this cake for a super sour surprise.
This Zours® Movie Night Cake is outstanding and easy to make. It’s easy to make a day before and top with movie snacks like sour Zours®. Do you have a #Zoursface? If so, tweet it and tag me in it @MooshuJenne. I would love to see your #zoursface!
Some times we have fun and smash the cake and add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. It’s the perfect end to a wonderful day of movies. Popcorn snacks, Zours cake, and pizza littered our movie day up with tons of fun. We ended up watching Haven. Here is a picture of my very wild haired son getting ready to devour some cake after he told me ten times he wanted none. Psst… proof!
That’s one big piece of cake there buddy! Oh, I should mention the daughter actually mixed up the cake. We did bake it together then I iced it. Pretty simple. Very fun! How about the recipe? Here you go!
- 1 package orange cake mix
- 1 package blue cake mix
- 1 box Zours® Mike & Ike candies
- 2 sticks of butter; softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Bake cakes per package directions and let cook.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, put softened butter (room temperature butter) and beat on high for about 1 minute. Add in 2 1/2 cups of sugar a little a time as the mix is on a 2. Bring the mixer up to 6 and beat until well incorporated. Fill icing into a pastry bag or decorate as desired.
- Top cake with Zours® Mike & Ike candies. Serve with ice cream!