With St.Patrick’s Day just almost a week away I wanted to bring you a simple cute dessert that you can make for the family. It’s spring break here! That always means my daughter’s birthday is coming. Her birthday always lands during spring break. This time it’s on a Friday! We are doing a complete Frozen inspired theme even though she’s going to be 14. I kind of begged her to let me though she is having just as much fun with it as I am. Anyway, during spring break I like to make goodies that are easy that they can munch on and get into the spirit of the upcoming holiday. These Lucky Charms Blondies are perfect for that. Not very many ingredients, easy to put together, and do not take long to bake. Plus they do turn out too cute!
These Lucky Charms Blondies can be made with or without some Lucky Charms on top. That’s up to you if you want the crunch. You can also change it up with any kind of cereal you would like to add. If you want the bars to be thicker simply double the recipe. You can add food coloring to the cake mix to make them match any holiday too! I left them without food coloring here so you could see the colors. Next time I want to do these with fruity pebbles. My son, Chancelor, keeps saying he would like to have them with Oops All Berries from Cap’n Crunch.
Here is a few more recipes from our Foodelicious St. Patrick’s Day Round Up. Hope you take some time to stop and check out these other recipes! You can follow along with hashtag #Foodelicious.
Pary Moppins – Cabbage
Memories by the Mile – Shamrock Shake
Captivating Corner – Irish Soda Bread
Little Family Adventure – Shepherd’s Pie
Hearts and Home – Drunken Pot Roast
Here is the recipe for the Lucky Charms Blondies!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms; crushed
- 1/4 cup Lucky Charms; for sprinkling top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking pan or casserole dish with oil. Size of baking dish will make the difference of the thickness of the bar. If you would like them thicker you may also double the recipe.
- In a large bowl add in yellow cake mix, milk, vegetable oil, crushed Lucky Charms and egg. Mix well together. Mixture will be thick.
- Layer into baking dish and press down with spatula or hands. Top with Lucky Charms. This is optional. Bake for 25 minutes until edges are light golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.