Today is our gathering of the communal table for Thanksgiving for the FN Dish on Food Network. Please take a moment when you are done reading this post to visit the other links below and enjoy other dishes at our communal table. To follow along on Twitter please use the hashtag #PullUpAChair. You may also join in by having a look at our communal table on Pinterest. My recipe for Honey Bacon Potato Pops is below.
Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness, family, and the season that prepares us for Christmas. Fall is my favorite season of the year! The trees change colors, everyone is cooking or baking, and the air is busy with cheer. The pumpkin, which is a super squash, decorates yards with a multitude of colors and scarecrows dance in the wind! Most of all, I love the Macy’s Day Parade! I love picking out my favorites and feeling like a kid again with my teenagers. It is very important to always have a bit of kid left in you.
I hope you will all #PullUpAChair and enjoy my appetizer recipe for Honey Bacon Potato Pops. These are perfect to munch on while waiting on the turkey. Please feel free to leave me a link in the comments to your favorite Thanksgiving dish.
- 1 bag mini red potatoes, fingerling potatoes, or small yellow potatoes
- 2 oz. honey
- 6 strips of bacon; uncooked and cut into thirds
- Popsicle sticks
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Soak bacon in honey and wrap over potatoes. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and bacon is cooked. Pull them from the oven and remove toothpick; add lollipop stick. Careful not to break potato. Drizzle potatoes with honey and serve warm.
Cocktails, Appetizers, Salads and Breads:
- Haute Apple Pie: Apple Jack
- Cooking With Books: Spiced Couscous and Walnut Salad
- Mooshu Jenne: Honey Bacon Potato Pops (pictured above)
- Food For My Family: Roasted Beet and Lacinato Kale Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
- Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Super Seeded Cornbread
- Feed Me Phoebe: Cornbread and Wild Rice Stuffing With Hazelnuts and Cranberries
- Napa Farmhouse 1885: Chorizo, Cornbread and Tortilla Dressing
- Sweet Life: Apple Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
- And Love It, Too: Paleo Green Bean Casserole
- Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Sweet Spiced Winter Squash Casserole
- Red or Green?: Corn, Peppers and Onion Saute
- Simple Bites: Honey Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Virtually Homemade: Fresh Orange and Cranberry Sauce With Toasted Walnuts
- What’s Gaby Cooking: Sweet Potato Gratin
- The Heritage Cook: Cauliflower Gratin
- Creative Culinary: Creamy Mushroom Bake With Parmesan and Panko
- Bacon and Souffle: Spicy Carnival Squash