My birthday was October 4th and I got a food processor from my mom. It was exactly what I asked for. You know those weeknights that your favorites TV series is coming on but you have to rush to make dinner. Your chopping so fast that you still end up cutting food and trying to watch the beginning from the kitchen.
Yeah that is exactly why I asked for a food processor. Well and also the dough blades (wink wink) for the holiday season soon to come. So on with the story, I decided to make a recipe using the new food processor and something colorful for the autumn season.
With seasons changing curry is great for sinus pressure. Enough yellow curry and your nose is clear and headaches from the pressure are gone! Hope everyone enjoys this Curry Spiced Apple Chicken as much as my family did last night.
- 4 small cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots (sliced)
- 4 small brown potatoes (sliced)
- 2 apples (sliced)
- 1 lb chicken tenders (cubed)
- 3 tbsp yellow curry (this really depends on how much curry you like)
- Salt to taste
- 1 box chicken broth
- In a large saute pan (deep) put your olive oil, chopped garlic and chopped onions. Cook for about 2 minutes on high and then add in your chicken. Once the outside of the chicken is white add in your potatoes, apples and carrots.
- Evenly distribute your curry and salt over the top. Add in chicken broth to half way mark in pan. Do not fill all the way since the potatoes, onions and chicken create there own juices adding more liquid.
- Steam with lid for about 10 minutes stirring frequently till chicken and vegetables are tender and mixture is thickened. Taste test and if it needs more curry or salt you can still add this in. Serve over steamed white rice.