When I rented my first apartment, it was my first time to move out of my Grandmother’s home. I had a full collection of Coca Cola dishes, glasses, containers, silverware, and even old collectible keepsakes. My entire kitchen was Coca Cola 1950’s style. Of course, years would go by and my taste would change. I still held on to every single item I collected. My son, Chancelor, seems to have a acquired my affinity for Coca Cola products. He now has all of my items packed up for his first apartment and he says his kitchen when he buys a house will be full on 1950’s retro Coca Cola. I still to this collect anything I see for him in Coca Cola which I find so fun!
I wanted to do a fun recipe for my son. He is often like my BFF or my #1 go to guy. When I freak out and have to go shopping he is the one to get up and go with me. He helps me picking out clothing I feel comfortable in. He can usually even tell me before I get it off the rack if it would look good or not. He’s like my personal stylist in many ways. This is why I want to give him something a little sweet back. He loves meatball sandwiches and so does my daughter! I ran to Brookshire’s and picked up some Coca Cola for these Coca Cola Barbecue Meatball Sandwiches. I set up the Love for my daughter, the #1 for my son, and the Amour for my husband. I made a wonderful Saturday lunch with the left over soda in the pack. I just love to share smiles with my family. Did you know you can get find your name by going to Share A Coke? It’s a great way to look for your name.
These Coca Cola Barbecue Meatball Sandwiches are simple to make for any weekend lunch. They are also great if you just want to use the meatballs as an appetizer at a graduation party or any other great party. I would love to see what kind of Coca Cola recipes you make in your own kitchen! Do you have someone special you would Share A Coke with? Stop by the comments below and tell me who or about your wonderful recipes! I look forward to seeing them.
So without further ado, here is the tasty recipe for these Coca Cola Barbecue Meatball Sandwiches!
COCA COLA BARBECUE MEATBALL SANDWICHES
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce
- 2½ cups Coca Cola
- 1 egg
- 1lb package ground beef; 80/20 or your preference
- 3 bollilo rolls
- In a large bowl, mix meat with one egg. Using your hands to mash the egg through the meat until it is well coated. Roll the meat in to balls the size you would prefer.
- Place meatballs into a crock pot or slow cooker. Open and pour the can of pineapple over the top of the meatballs.
- Pour in the barbecue sauce and Coca Cola. Turn the crock pot onto low heat and simmer for about three hours until the meatballs are cooked on the inside.
- Slice the bollilo roll on the front and pull open. Place meatballs in the inside and top with sauce from pot if you like your meatball sandwiches saucy. Serve!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links by Amazon. If you purchase a product from one of our links, we could receive a commission from the seller. Rest assured, we only recommend products we believe in, and all opinions are 100% truthful.