Every year, I like to bake breads during the holiday season. This Cinnamon Cranberry bread quick recipe is amazing! The heat from the oven warms the house and the smell of this bread makes it feel like the holidays. Mostly, I love share this quick bread with friends. It comes together quick, moist, and with a good hard outside easy for slicing.
If you want to get a bit more creative just make some cinnamon butter or homemade jams or jellies to share with the loaf in decorated mason jars. If you do not have time to decor the jars just add a themed cupcake wrapper between the seal and lid. To decorate the bread just wrap with parchment paper and yarn, ribbon, or baker’s twine. Red or green twine is perfect to match the holiday spirit.
Using decorative mini loaf pans can make this bread easier to gift. Put them in a basket with a simple new kitchen cloth themed for the holidays. Another great way to gift them is to add them to a basket of home baked goodies. I usually make these goodies for my friends as I love to add to their recipe collection. I use Pumpkin Beans recipes cards to add my recipe to the basket or even share at baking parties.
What’s your favorite quick bread? One of my favorites is banana bread with no nuts. I can double the bananas and share at any time of the year. It’s a great gift to the neighbors or for housewarming gifts.
Let me know how you decorate up your home baked goodies to share at the holiday season. I love Pinterest links as well. It helps me find new boards and people to follow I have a board for homemade gifts which I love to pin all types of goodies too!
- For Bread
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Olive oil spray
- For Glaze
- 2 cups powder confectioners sugar
- Water, rum, or vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and put a rack on the middle shelf.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl of a stand mixer, cream the 1/2 cup of butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time. Stir in the cranberries, sour cream and vanilla and beat until just combined. Add the dry ingredients. Spray the glass loaf pans with olive oil spray. Pour the batter into the glass loaf dish.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling. You can serve it with jams, jellies, or cinnamon butter.
- To make a glaze just add the 2 cups of powdered sugar to a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add in a few tablespoons of water, rum, or vanilla for flavor. Add in 1/4 cup of water and mix until it forms a glaze. If it is too thick add more liquid, if it is too thin add more powdered sugar.