Today I come to you heart broken. My oldest son has decided to stay in Vegas. This is not something expected and it just breaks my heart because I didn’t get to say my goodbyes the way a mom should when your son leaves home. His decision was abrupt and I don’t believe it was thought through without influence. Hopefully he will see in time for himself. He is old enough to make his own decisions but as a mother you still want to shelter them from any harm. I guess that is what I fear most. I miss him every moment right now. I know that will fade but he is my first baby and it’s just a rough time for me.
We found out yesterday he wasn’t coming home. His friends (that I call my adopted sons) came over along with my son, daughter and other half we all went out for hot wings. It was fun but not our usual cheery selves. We were a bit lost without Tommy. Like the family just wasn’t complete. I hope in time he will change his mind but if not I hope I get to fly him round trip for Christmas to see the final installment of The Hobbit with me. It’s our thing! We have seen everyone of the series together and it just doesn’t feel right not being with my boy to see it. I really do wish him the best and miss him like crazy (goes off to dry tears).
Food is my comfort. Creating new meals or just experimenting with different ingredients helps me cope. I believe that is why I started this little slice of my own here. This chicken was a simple dish that we threw together to grill while I worked on building new websites for a business. The other half and I have been discussing a new business and a move out of state. He says Colorado, I say Seattle. I know we want to make the move after our daughter graduates high school which she is entering this year. Anyone have any suggestions on good places to go? Do you live in Colorado and know a good town, good community?
I would like to be on the west coast somewhere. I know I would love to be near ocean but the other half hates the idea of being too close to the ocean after the tsunami’s. I grew up with ocean and truly miss the beach with all it’s wonders. I think I need a vacation soon. Some off time! This has been a long year and it is no where near over yet. With that thought, I need more easy meals. I am looking for slow cooker/ crockpot meals that can be easy to put together for Friday night games coming this Fall. I know this Cilantro Lime Beer Braised Chicken would be a great one in the slower cooker. It’s fabulous on the grill!
ITEMS TO MAKE CILANTRO BEER BRAISED CHICKEN
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of lime flavored beer
- 1 lime; sliced into rounds
- ½ bundle of cilantro; chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- In a large dish, layer in chicken and top with lime flavored beer. Top with garlic in beer and cilantro over chicken and beer. Layer with limes over the top. Marinate one hour in refrigerator. At one hour mark, roll chicken over and place back in the refrigerator for another hour.
- After chicken has marinated for two hours, pour beer mixture from chicken into a jar. Preheat grill to 350 degrees F. Grill chicken using mixture to keep chicken from drying out. Grill for 22 minutes or so each side flipping occasionally. Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes. Serve with pasta salad or cilantro rice.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links by Amazon. If you purchase a product from one of our links, we could receive a commission from the seller. Rest assured, we only recommend products we believe in, and all opinions are 100% truthful.