With holidays around the corner many of us are looking for ways to save money but give something that our friends would love. Many of my friends like coffee and hot chocolate and what is more perfect then extra chocolate in your coffee or hot chocolate. You can get pretty creative with these and you can use lollipop plastic covers to cover the tops and tie with any color ribbon you would like. Sprinkles are a good additive to for color.
Last year I did these as gifts with packets of hot chocolate in a basket. If you decide to do a basket one of the cutest things ever is to do homemade bread with a cup, spoon and hot chocolate or coffee packets. Flavored coffee is another good item to go with it.
And don’t think just Christmas! These are good for all holidays. Just look at the pictures below.
- 1 bag of milk chocolate
- 1 bag of white chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag of plastic spoons
- Lollipop covers
- Ribbon of choice
- Parchment paper or plastic wrap
- Use a double boiler or a glass bowl that fits over a pan. I use a glass bowl and fit it over a pan with about ½ of the pan filled with water. Heat pan on medium high heat until the water is boiling. Add glass bowl to top.
- Add milk chocolate to glass bowl and ¼ of a cup to ½ cup of milk. Eyeball the milk by mixing in a little at a time. You do not want to much milk just enough to keep the chocolate from hardening or burning. Once chocolate is melted remove it from the stove with oven mitts. Careful it will be hot!
- Lay out parchment paper or plastic wrap. Dip spoons in the milk chocolate and lay onto the paper or plastic. If you want to use sprinkles then is is best to drizzle the sprinkles over the spoon while still warm. In the meantime, repeat the process above for the white chocolate. Once the chocolate is ready using another spoon drizzle the white chocolate over the milk chocolate spoon to add design.
- When the spoons have dried just cover with clear lollipop bags and tie off with ribbon of your choice. Gift them with hot chocolate or gourmet coffee.