With the official day of summer starting tomorrow, although we have summer weather now, the need to unearth some fruit friendly recipes is here. The lovely Sundi Jo passed along three great balsamic’s to taste and one will be featured here today with along with a giveaway of my favorite of the three. Today, the plan is to share with you a blueberry lemon balsamic dressing made with Devo Olive Oils Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar. I will also be giving away a 200 ml bottle of the blueberry balsamic vinegar below! Though first it would be great to share with you how to best pair this recipe with a dish along with the recipe too.
Love to pair this recipe with boiled eggs, fresh blueberries, tomatoes, bacon cut bites, and if there is a chance fried chicken chucks. This dressing is simple and can be used for more then just salads. It is great over meat after it is cooked. Another fabulous way to use this dressing is over onions, cucumbers, and blueberries as a great side dish or perfect addition to a picnic. Drizzle it over a honey ham sandwich for wicked flavor!
Here is the recipe for Blueberry Lemon Balsamic Dressing. You can always simply add yogurt to this dressing for thickness.
- 2 packages of Blueberries
- 3 lemons; juiced
- 1 cup blueberry balsamic vinegar (Devo Olive Olis)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Water; if needed to thin dressing or yogurt to thicken dressing
- Cut lemons in half and juice with hand juicer. Set juice aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add in blueberries, blueberry balsamic, and lemon juice. Blend until for about one to two minutes. Add in the two tablespoons of olive oil and the one tablespoon of honey. Blend again for about 30 seconds. If you would like a thin dressing add a few tablespoons of water. If you would like a thicker dressing add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of yogurt.
To win a bottle of Devo Olive Oils Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar just got to the Rafflecopter below and follow the directions. Please make sure to do the mandatory step of commenting on the blog so all of your entries will be valid. Giveaway ends Friday night 06/21/2013 at 12 midnight CST.
If you would like to share this recipe and giveaway please do! Use hashtag #FREEDevoFriday
*Disclosure: Devo Olive Oil is providing one sample bottle of blueberry balsamic vinegar. I was not reimbursed for writing this post and all opinions expressed are my own.